Here are some of my random thoughts on Disneyland and a few more pics. Enjoy!
Thought #1
Disneyland makes you both want to have a child and want to never have a child at the same time. You look to your right and see an adorable child dressed up as a disney character excited to experience the magic of disneyland....then you look to your left and see a kid bawling his head off because The Happiest Place on Earth isn't meeting his every desire. lol
Thought #2
Never in my life will I go to disneyland with a stroller.
Thought #3
I think the parents at Disneyland kinda forget why they are there...They are so intent on making sure they give their child the best disney experience possible that they make their kids miserable. Seriously, if your kid doesn't want to ride finding nemo why make him stand in a 30 minute line?? Also if your kid is grumpy and repeatedly telling you that they are tired and rubbing their eyes at 8:30 p.m. perhaps you should go back to the hotel instead of making them ride Dumbo.
Thought #4
It is exteremly easy to get sucked into the vortex of consumerism that lies at the heart of Disneyland. You must constantly be on your gaurd!! Otherwise you will find yourself buying overpriced suveniers that you will sell at a garage sale in less than 5 years.
On that same note, it is hard to believe we are in an economic downfall based on the number of loaded disney bags I saw walk out of Disneyland with families. Wowser!
As I was riding the Pinocchio ride I was struck by the irony of the evil carnival land Pinocchio gets sucked into going to and Disneyland. I know this seems rather a harsh comparison on The Happiest Place on Earth....but it does have some similarities. lol.
Anyway, all those random semi negative thoughts aside I had a super great time. Andrea and I were able to stick together and ride all the non-scary rides. Our favorites being Thunder Mountain Railroad (we rode this one at least 3 times a day), Maderhorn, Soarin' over California, and the new Toy Story ride.
I think it would be fun to take an extended family vacation there sometime...any takers?
Enjoy the pics below.
These first 3 pictures are from the band I went to see in Costa Mesa with my SPU friends Heather, Ashlee, and Jenny. We went out to dinner Tuesday evening and then went to see the band Barcelona play. It was pretty cool, especially since it is a band made up entirely of former SPU students. :) I recognized the members from the GROUP band. I guess they just signed a contract with Universal Records...so that is pretty cool. Heather, Ashlee, and Jenny knew all the members, so they interacted with us some before/after their set. Good times.



These other pictures are just from around Disney. It was fun to have everything decorated for Christmas, which I think some of my earlier pictures showed. The last picture is from the ride Buzz Lightyear. In it you use a laser gun to shoot targets and earn points. It is pretty fun. I have a funny story about it, but you will have to ask me in person. Then at the end you can email yourself the picture that they took of you during the ride. I was never able to get a fantastic picture of myself, but it was still fun. Plus they put the cartoon spaceship in front of it, which in this case blocks the fact that I am actually holding my gun and playing the game. You can tell I was playing the game because I am space ranger 2 and have the highest score!! lol. Whatev.




1 comment:
I am all for a trip to Disneyland... once David no longer needs a stroller of course! the two of you can go on the easy rides, while I hit the tower of terror :)
Post a Comment