Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rhet Akins and Andy Griggs Concert

I can't believe it has been over a month since I last blogged! It has pretty much been life as usual in Laura Land. I went up to Seattle last week to finally celebrate Christmas with Megan and Veronica. I had a good visit. :)

Reuben and I hit the 4 month mark today. It is hard to believe - the months have sure flown by. Reuben had class tonight, but that is alright I found other ways to occupy my time. :) KUKN the local country radio station hosted Rhet Akins and Andy Griggs in concert at the new LCC performance center. It was really cool. I went with Andrea and Diane. We got good seats thanks to Andrea and Diane staking out our spot in the line early. :) We were 3 rows back in the center section.

For those of you who are like "Who are Rhet Akins and Andy Griggs?" let me enlighten you. If you listen to country music at all you have heard some of their songs. To name a few:
-That ain't my truck (Akins)
-She thinks she needs me (Griggs)
-Put a girl in it (written by Akins, made famous by Brooks and Dunn)
-If heaven (Griggs)

It sounds like KUKN will be putting on more concerts like this in the future, which would be pretty sweet! Tickets were only $15 and we got to have an up close personal concert plus they signed autographs/took pictures afterwards. Very cool.

Here are a few crappy pictures/videos from my phone. Andrea's friend Shayna who sat with us had her camera and took better pictures (including Andrea and I with the stars). I hope to get a copy of them soon and I will post them. Until then you will have to make do with what I have. Enjoy.









1 comment:

Diane said...

On a whim I checked your blog for the first time in probably close to a year. And was shocked to see that it had actually been updated! Where have I been for the last six months? I am really excited now. Really.