Apparently he had the ring on him all weekend hoping for good weather and the opportunity to ask the question during a romantic setting. We went to the beach Saturday evening to visit some friends camping at Ft Stevens, but to Reuben's disappointment the weather was pretty dismal. He was hoping for a nice sunset, but the weather was not helping him any. Then today he was hoping that the weather would be a little better. He was thinking of going to Rife Lake, or back to the beach or something, but the weather was still not cooperating. He asked me if I wanted to go down to Olive Garden or someplace else a little nicer/out of town, but since I didn't know what he was up to I told him I was tired of driving around this weekend and wanted to stay local. heh.
So Reuben says we should go walk the lake and I am pretty agreeable to that since it is cloudy, but not really rainy. So we drive towards the far end of the lake (the Ocean Beach end) and we walk towards the Japanese Garden. Fortunately the Garden is actually open (it seems like it hardly is anymore) and we walk around on it for a while. There are other people on the island and we sit on a bench for a while waiting for them all to leave. After we have sat for a while and enjoyed the scenery and had good conversations we finally have the island to ourselves and Reuben asks me to marry him. I of course said yes, but was surprised in my head since I was still processing how he could have talked to my Dad and gotten a ring without me knowing. lol. He got down on one knee and did the whole thing. :) It was a pretty perfect setting even without the weather he was hoping for. lol.
So we sat for a while longer filling in all the details he hadn't been able to tell me and then we went out to dinner at El Tapitito in Rainer. We hadn't been there before, but it was good. They had very fast service and their food was good too. :)
After dinner we ran some errands before spending the rest of the evening on the phone calling/texting everyone the news. I don't think I have talked that much on the phone...ever. lol. It was nice to be able to share the news and get everyone's congrats.
We are planning on getting married May 29th - so save the date! :)
2 comments:
I can't believe you have no comments. I guess everyone got to talk to you in person. The ring is very pretty. Can't wait to see you Wed. Mom
yay!!! I am glad you blogged fast :) Can't wait to see you- I too spent a LOT of time on the phone after Jonathan popped the question!
Post a Comment