I saw this movie last week with Teresa, Rikki, and Kristen. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought it would. I am not sure if I would really recommend it to everyone since it is a somewhat tragic story of a girl who has a mid-life crisis and goes looking for God in all the wrong places....however it does have some truths that I thought I would share:
"You're going to have to learn to select your thoughts the same way you select your clothes every day. Now that's a power that you can cultivate. You want to come here and you want to control your life so bad work on the mind, and I don't think you should be trying to control a thing because if you can't master your thoughts you are in trouble forever."
This one is sooo close...and yet so far:
"So the holy truth of the whole adventure here in India, is in one line: "God dwells within you...as you." God's not interested in watching a performance of how a spiritual person looks and behaves. The quiet girl who glides silently through the place with a gentle, ethereal smile...who is that person? It's Ingrid Bergman in "The Bells of St. Mary's" – not me. God dwells within me...as me."
"Having a baby is like having a tattoo on your face. You kind of want to be committed."
"Do not look at the world through your head; look at it through your heart."
One Year Later
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment