My copier at work has been giving me trouble. Generally we are on pretty good terms, but it is a very special machine and likes to be treated well. It doesn’t like paper from the back of a binder that is slightly curled and it thinks staples are the bane of its existence. Also, I think it has poor eyesight or something because occasionally it “cannot detect the size of the original.” When it jams it likes to play hide and go seek with the crumpled paper, ensuring that I check every single door and move every twistable part in order to find the unruly paper piece.
Lately, it has been giving me error message SC545. This message makes it impossible to do anything. Apparently it is having a temperature problem. All I know is that our copy guy (who isn’t as good as our old copy guy) called and walked me through how to get it to go away. …You know how in the old video games there was bonuses if you pressed the right combination of buttons at the right time. Like Sonic had one that was up, down, over, over, a, b. Well that is how I feel with these copier commands. In order to get the error message to go away I have to press the clear button, type 1-0-7, hold down the cancel button for 3 seconds, wait for the menu screen to appear, turn off the copier, wait a few moments, and then turn the copier back on. ….I feel like I would accomplish the same thing if I just turned off the copier and turned it back on…but I will admit this way is more fun. :)
Anyway, I have been doing this for a while and now my copier is beginning to catch on. It has decided that when I do all the steps and restart it that it will just refuse to come to the right temperature and gives me another error SC545. Rude!
Guess it’s time to call the copy guy again…
One Year Later
13 years ago
3 comments:
maybe he's lonely...has he met the fax machine? lol.
He is the fax machine. lol
Hahaha. Evil copy machine!
Post a Comment