Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Where has the summer gone?

Where has the summer gone? I can hardly believe that August is already half over! The summer has been keeping Reuben and I pretty busy. I have included some picture highlights below:

Reuben and I celebrated our 1st year anniversary in Hood River. We rode the Hood River Railroad and also a Stern wheeler on the Columbia River. We stayed at a lovely B&B that had wonderful accommodations.




We had a wonderful time celebrating the 4th of July with family and friends at the Lake again this year. I always enjoy the festivities that this holiday brings. We couldn't have had better weather and the firework show was beautiful as always.



Teresa, Mom, and I enjoyed the Cowlitz Co Fair country concert this year. It was Jo Dee Menseena and the music was awesome! I have attended several of these concerts in the past and am always pleased. Mom, Teresa, and I also were surprised to find out that we had all gotten blue ribbons on our quilts that we had submitted to the fair!



Last weekend Reuben and I went to visit some friends in Bend, OR. We had lovely weather and a great visit with the Freed's! We hope to be able to do it again in the not too distant future. It was a long car drive, but well worth the trip :)


Anyway, that is kinda a look at what we have been up to these last few months. It seems like every weekend fills up fast! We are enjoying good times with good people though, that is what counts. :)

1 comment:

Ruby Hardbottle said...

I was goofing around and just read your blog.. I have missed a lot of updates!