Sunday, October 02, 2005

Maybe this will leave you feeling more informed!

I really don't even know where to begin. I feel like I have a lot to post about, but we shall see....

School is going alright. Most of my classes are pretty dull. I am taking Microeconomics, Ethnic Literature, Christianity and Society, and a Bible Study on Joshua. Economics is dull and so is Christianity and Society. I am not even sure if I really understand what is going on in either of those classes. My literature class is pretty interesting so far, but will require writing several papers later in the quarter. Ugh. My Joshua study is the only thing I really care about. I am not really into the book yet though.

Life here at Moyer is getting into full swing. I must say that this year has a much better atmosphere than last year. For starters I already know a lot of people, which is nice. Plus I have already visited the guys floor more than I did all of last year! ;) The RLC--Resident Life Coordinator (the Hall Council Advisor, among other duties) is a lot better than last year. She is actually making an effort to get to know the residents, and is really cool about hanging out with us and stuff. :) For those of you who remember Jonathan talking about Tea Time Sarah, it is the same person. :) She is really cool.

This weekend was super great! On Friday we stayed up until like 1:30 a.m. talking in Bonnie/my room. We spent most of the time laughing about stupid stuff too. At which point we decided that we needed a quote board on our floor! Then on Saturday after a pancake breakfast in the RLC's apartment I went to a movie with Megan. We went to see Serenity. It is based on a TV show that Megan got me hooked on. It was really amazing. I loved it! It made me want to own the TV series and the movie when it comes out! :) Then the rest of the day was spent in sporadic homework and wasting time. In the evening there was a game night in the 1.5 which was nice. I jumped around playing a lot of games including spades, scatagories, nerts, and skip-bo wtih partners...

Today I got up and went to church with most of the returns on my floor. We went to Bethany Community. It wasn't bad, but I don't know if I liked it enough to go again. I think I might try the JonTon's church again...either morning or evening service, I haven't decided. :) The rest of the day was spent doing homework until it was "done." Stephanie decided to make dinner so that was cool. We had Japanese curry. It was pretty good. :) (granted I picked out the stuff I didn't like) lol. I think we are gonna try making more meals in the dorm kitchen on Sunday since Gwinn isn't open.

Tomorrow another week begins. I can't say I am particularly excited about this. I wish I were. However, I guess I can't complain too much. This first week, however, has impressed upon me how excited I am that this is my last year of schooling....hopefully forever. :) It will be nice to not have homework and to be able to just pick whatever books you want to read. Plus I won't have to pay for the books...which means disposable income for other desires....like an i-pod or something. jk :)

Anyway, I guess I should get to bed....or at least think about it. ttfn.

No comments: