These quotes taken from the newest Harry Potter book "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." Just thought I would post them so you could see that at least there is some value in the Harry Potter books, even if they miss the whole truth...
"...It will take uncommon skill and power to kill a wizard like Voldemort even without his Horcruxes."
"But I haven't got uncommon skill and power," said Harry, before he could stop himself."
"Yes you have," said Dumbledore firmly. "You have a power Voldemort has never had. You can--"
"I know!" said Harry impatiently. "I can love!" It was only with difficulty that he stopped himself from adding, "Big deal!"
"Yes Harry you can love," said Dumbledore, who looked as though he knew perfectly well what Harry had just refrained from saying. "Which, given everything that has happened to you, is a great and remarkable thing. You are still too young to understand how unusual you are, Harry."
"So, when the prophecy says that I'll have 'power the Dark Lord knows not,' it just means--love?" asked Harry, feeling a little let down.
"Yes--just love." said Dumbledore......
"You are protected, in short, by your ability to love!" said Dumbledore loudly. "The only protection that can possibly work against the lure of power like Voldemort's!"
____________________________________________________________________________________
I don't know, I just found this passage to be interesting. I thought that those of you who have never read Harry Potter and are skeptical about its content might like to see that overall it is a book about good verses evil....and as we see in the passage love conquers all...the book does seem to miss the fact that God is love etc, etc. However that is not really the point of Harry Potter now is it....I am not really sure if I am making much of a case here or even much of a point, but anyway....there ya go.
One Year Later
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment