Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Has the rumor reached you yet?

So I thought I should go ahead and post a blog concerning my new boyfriend Reuben. :) Yes, it is true, I have a boyfriend.

Diane Miollis introduced us to eachother about a month ago at one of our weekly Sunday dinners. We have been slowly getting to know eachother over the course the month and started dating officially last week. He is a really great guy who has many qualities I respect and desire. He works as an IT consultant for a local business and lives in Rose Valley (...er Kelso for you out of towners). He is also going to school for a degree completion program at Multnomah Bible College.

We have had fun being together and going out to dinner. We celebrated his birthday last Monday at a Chinese restaruant (I know what you are thinking - "Laura doesn't like Chinese"...however it was a Chinese buffet which allowed me to try a bunch of different things. lol) And then on Friday we went out to olive Garden. It was a nice drive and we got to talk a lot while we waiting for a table to open up. After dinner we came back and watched Stargate (the movie...the first one).

On Saturday I went up to Seattle to visit my college friends and say goodbye to one of them as she is going to Alabama for graduate school. It was great to see everyone and some of their new apartments. We played apples to apples and it was probably the funnest experience I have had with that game. :) I left Seattle at like 8 p.m. and drove back to Longview. It was a quick trip, but a good one.

On Sunday after church Reuben came over to Mom/Dad's and met them as well as Teresa. He made a favorable impression (as I knew he would). For more on their opionion you should ask them yourself. :) Then after Mom/Dad's we hung out for a while before Sunday dinner with the "Miollis" crew. It was a good weekend.

Since then I have been adjusting to life as a girlfriend and enjoying it. :)
Work is still going good. I have been really busy the last week, which is both good and sorta annoying, because I would kinda like a bit of a dull day to catch up on everything. lol.

Anyway, that is my life right now. Hopefully you can all meet Reuben soon. See picture below for what he looks like. I will be posting more pictures of us together at a later date.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

oh my gally, no one has commented on your boyfriend post, so I will. Wow Laura, that's great. He seems like a great guy and this post is obviously representative of a new chapter in your life! Way cool man.

Chris/Jan said...

Yes I agree you need some comments on this great news. We are glad for you!