Monday, September 13, 2004

Nine (9)

I hate when I have so much to say and really no way to put it into words. No matter how hard I try it just comes out sounding stupid. Why is that? Why is it that when I need it most the English language always seems to fail me. It is times like this that I almost wish I spoke another language because maybe it would enable me to say what I want to. But alas, I am a shallow American who has learned no other languages....

It's a weird feeling being on the verge of a new personal frontier. You have all sorts of unanswered questions. Will I be liked? Will I be overly homesick? Will I be able to coexist with my roommates? Will I meet the guy of my dreams? Will I feel overwhelmed and wish I had stayed in my safety net of Longview?....

The semi annoying thing is that there is no way to answer those questions...well not really anyway. There are the obvious statements---I will be homesick at some point...And at least one person will like me I'm sure....And my roommates seem nice....And I will most definitely feel overwhelmed at times....as for the guy of my dreams--who knows.

Ah well. Only one way to find out for sure I guess....

No comments: