Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The second post of the day!

A Relationship Survey

-What is love?
Read 1 Corinthians 13

-Do you believe that you can fall in love more than once with different people? Or do you believe that the only person you can fall in love with is the one you're meant to marry and every other time you only THINK you're in love?
That is a tough question. I think that quite often people only think they are in love, but in actuality they are experiencing the beginnings or possibly they are experiencing lust.

-Is love a feeling or a choice?
I would have to agree with Megan. It is definitely both.

-Do you believe in love at first sight?
Well I think that sometimes that happens. I mean I think that sometimes people just know that they are destined to be together, but I don't think it happens to everyone.

-How about soulmates?
Of course! But I do agree with Megan--Every relationship takes work. But when I think of soulmates I interpret it to mean...like...the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with--THE one!

-Can you fall in and out of love?
I think you can....But if you are in it for the long haul than you work at it and things will turn around.

-Are you afraid of marrying the wrong person?
Well...only slightly. I mean I would hope that I would have enough common sense to be able to tell the difference..but then I watch movies like The Perfect Murder or Enough and that makes me wonder....lol.

-Are you afraid of never getting married?
Afraid is probably too strong of a word. I know that I can be totally happy not being married, however I also know that I have envisioned myself married since as long as I can remember so, it would probably be a bit of a disappointment at times if I never got married....but I am not afraid of it.

-Have you ever had a crush on...
~A movie/tv star? (You can name them if you want)
Well...I don't know. I am not really big on crushes of people I can never have...but there are those that I find attractive and all....

~A movie/tv character?
Well considering my answer to the question above you would think that I wouldn't have..but I get entirely too wrapped up in my tv shows and can't help but wish that I knew some of them in real life.

~A cartoon character or one from an animated movie?
See....I just don't get that.

~A character from a book?
um....Probably...again, you see I get entirely too wrapped up in the story and want the characters to be real.

~Someone you met online?
Oh yeah!

~Your friend's boyfriend/girlfriend?
hmmm....yes and no...but mostly no.

~Someone significantly older/younger than you?
No

~Someone who was married?
Again...No.

-Should a girl...
~Ask a guy out?
Sure. Why not. Although I find it doubtful that I ever would....unless....

~Call a guy?
Again...why not...although I don't think that guys really like that all that much....

~Ask a guy to marry her?!
Well it is more romantic if the guy does it...but whatever.

-What do you think about...
~Sex?
absolutely nothing because I am a good Christian girl who never even mentions the word. hee hee. ;)

~Homosexuality?
Boy is that a loaded question. Obviously the Bible is pretty black and white on this issue. However, I don't see the point of Christians fighting really hard to persuade outsiders to agree with them on this issue because it really does no good. Both sides are too passionate to even see the other side. I really don't understand those who think writing a letter to the editor will solve the worlds problems....

~Marriage?
Is it my turn yet?

~Divorce?
I don't think that people try very hard to stay together anymore...plus I think that too many people get married for the wrong reasons and then realize that they made a mistake.

-What kind of qualities do you want in a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Strong Christian, humorous, integrity...etc. etc.

-Have you ever been in love?
sigh. No.

-Have you ever had your heart broken?
Thankfully not.

-Do you think that you will marry for love, or for something else like money?
You gotta have the love!

-Would you start seeing someone even if your friends and/or family disapproved?
Probably not. My friends and family are a pretty good judge of character.

-Would you elope?
Sure! After watching the process of the JonTon wedding....I kept thinking "It would be so much less hassle just to elope..." :)

The End!

No comments: