Well here I am at the end of the school year. Sitting at my computer, which is basically the only thing not packed up around me. How did I get here? It doesn't feel like it should be the end of the school year yet. It doesn't feel like I just checked in, but it definitely doesn't feel like it should be the end...
Over this school year I feel like I have grown a lot. At least I like to think I have. Getting out of my parents house and out of Longview was a big step. I will always consider Longview my home and will always keep the friends I have there because it would be hard to find a core group of friends as good as them. However, it has been good to branch out and see what I can find here at SPU. There are many people that I have become friends here that at the beginning of the year I would never have saw myself hanging out with. But as the year went on I found that I had a lot in common with them and that my original assumptions about them were incorrect. It is interesting living on a floor with 40ish other girls. It is easy to make assumptions of how it will be, but I think that every one of my assumptions was proven wrong. Go figure. But you know what they say about assuming....lol.
Although I have not yet found the man of my dreams yet, I continue to maintain hope. lol. I think that this year would not have been the best year to meet him anyway because I am not sure I was ready. Over the course of this year through the Bible Study on Relationships and the many school forums on Relationships I feel like I have learned a lot. In the back of my head I wonder if all of this has been preparing me for something soon to come, but I choose to leave it in God's hands. It is better there.
I have amazed with the things that I have been able to do this year. I never would have thought I would be able to pass some of the classes I took this quarter, like Chemistry and Spanish let alone ace them (I think I got an 'A' in Chem...I don't remember now and am too lazy to look it up). It gives me hope that I can continue to do well next year with the classes that will come up. I have done things I never could have seen myself doing.
I am looking forward to the upcoming year. There are only like 7-8 of us returning to 2nd Moyer next year, but it is a lot of people I hang out with, so that will be nice. I am looking forward to being on Hall Council and coming back early to help set things up and get trained. It should be really fun. :) It is really strange for me to think that I will be graduating next year. This doesn't seem right to me at all, especially since I don't know what I want to do with my life at all....
Anyway, it has been a good year. And now it is over and it is time for me to return to my beloved Longview. :) Next year will come all too fast....
One Year Later
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment