Monday, June 06, 2005

What a weekend!

It has been a while since I have blogged. Lets see....

Friday:
Friday was the official last day of classes (although I had my Saturday class the next day...). After attending my 2 classes (even though I had a strong urge to skip them) I went to work. I ended up leaving early because there wasn't much for me to do, and Claudia had already left. Once I got back from work it was only a few short hours until 2nd Moyer's end of the year party. During these 2 hours I studied with Bonnie for my Spanish class final the next day. Thanks Bonnie! :) At 6:00 most of 2nd Moyer went down to the 1.5 lounge and celebrated the end of the year. There was pizza for dinner. :) We passed out our secret sister gifts, reminisced about the year...And then came the awards. This was a fun portion of the party. Everyone on the floor got an award that fit them. Can anyone guess what mine was? I got "Best TV Buddy" is anybody surprised? lol. I love it! Then at 8:30ish we headed over to Golden Gardens for a Bonfire. :) It was an extremely enjoyable day.

Saturday:
This was a day I was both looking forward to and dreading at the same time. My last Spanish class! However, I had to give an oral presentation (of my paper) and have an oral interview with the teacher. Ugh. However, I must say that I think I impressed the teacher. lol. I had several of my Spanish speaking friends proof read my paper so that when it came time to correcting them in class (so we could learn from our mistakes and then fix them) I had far less problems than some of the other class members. So once I fixed my mistakes the teacher was asking me to help others. Which I thought was funny since I didn't have a total grasp on it myself (however, some of the people in my class were a little...um...well..extremely Spanish challenged). So that went well. And my oral interview went well too! Having rehearsed it several times with different people, I felt pretty confident about it, but was still nervous. But it went well. Hurray for being done with Spanish!! What really cracks me up is that my teacher e-mailed me today an I definitely got an 'A' in the class...Pretty good since I expected to fail it at the beginning of the quarter. lol.

Sunday:
After sleeping in for a little while I got up and proceeded to get ready for the day. This was the day we (next year's hall council) planned to have the Moyer end of the year BBQ. :) Emily (the secretary), Stephanie (the treasurer), myself (the publicist), and Bonnie (whom I dragged along so I would have a full car) went 3 hours early in order to secure a spot at the park. This was actually sorta fun. Nothing like 2 hours of The Name Game (where you think of someone famous and then the other person has to think of someone famous based on your famous persons last name) over walkie-talkies. lol. Bonnie and Stephanie were stationed at one covered area while Emily and I were stationed at another. The BBQ started at 5:00 and I think it was a big success. Matt (who came at like 4:00 because of work) said that more people came last year, but it seemed like a big enough group to me this year. It is a really nice park actually. There is a water-beach area, some really fun playground equipment, 2 covered areas, BBQ grills, and a nice grassy field area for play. After the bbq there was only a couple of hours before the Moyer awards ceremony and slide show. During these hours I did...well nothing. At 10:00 I went down to the 1.5 lounge and watched people get awards. I personally didn't get any, however that is really a good think since the awards were things like: Person who always locked themselves out of their room, and person most likely to be caught "studying" in the prayer chapel, or the person with the messiest room, etc. It was really fun and the slide show had some great pictures from throughout the year. I went to bed early last night because I was tired. I think the bbq wore me out. It was fun though.

Today I am attempting to pack, study, and work. Those are really the only 3 things I should be doing today. We will see how long this lasts though....Especially since I am already avoiding studying by blogging. lol. Tomorrow is my first/last final of finals week. (My Spanish final wasn't during finals week and we did so much other stuff that day that it didn't really feel like a final). It is my Christian Theology final. I am not too worried about it, but I do need to study (which I have done some of already)....So...I think I will go to lunch soon, then go to work after that....Then come back and study/pack. We shall see. Oh! And the my last Bible Study with Megan etc. is tonight. I am looking forward to that.

Anyway, I have bored you all with the details of my life enough for now. Hope you are all doing well. I am coming home on Wednesday, so I guess I will see you all sometime the later part of this week....most likely.

No comments: