This weekend has gone by fast, but today was pretty much spent entirely relaxing, so that was nice. Here is what I did this weekend:
Friday:
After classes I went to work for a total of 1.5 hours! Woo Hoo! It bothers me that I have all these random work times because of my class schedule, but oh well....After work in the evening I went to a showing of the documentary "Hoop Dreams" here on campus. The documentary was made in 1994 and follows two kids from the inner city of Chicago as they try to achieve their dream of playing for the NBA. It follows them from their freshman year in high school to their first year at college. It was really good. I would recommend it to all who care about such things. :)
Saturday:
This was my busiest day this weekend. I got up at 8:10 in order to be able to start my homework by 9. lol. I worked on homework until about 2:00 when I went to see another documentary that was showing on campus called "Born into Brothels." This film was about the children born into families where the mom is a prostitute in Calcutta, India. A lady who was working with the children was a photographer and she gave the children camera's and started teaching them about photography. In this way they were able to learn something new and be able to express the way they saw the world around them. The lady then used the photographs they had taken to raise money for them by selling them in galleries in New York, etc. It was definitely a more somber film than "Hoop Dreams," but it was also really good. I would recommend it as well...and for a movie about children of prostitutes it is fairly clean (has some language, etc.)...(p.s. if you want another good movie recommendation from my film face try to get your hands on the 1941 movie "A Woman's Face." I really enjoyed it...but Netflix doesn't have it....)
Then after the movie I did a little more homework before dinner...After dinner most of SPU went to see Ashton Cup. This is an event put on by Ashton Hall where each floor does a skit thing put to music. It is kinda crazy, and usually a bit odd and humorous. Moyer residents were only able to stay for about an hour of it because we had to go to Broomball! Broomball is an annual event played against Robbins Apartments. It is like hockey sorta except that you have no ice skates, you play with ducktaped brooms, and you use a four square ball instead of a puck. It is really fun though. Unfortunately, however we lost which means we are now stuck with the ugly toilet (which we got rid of last year!) until we play them again next year. Also, I was quite proud of myself for not falling on the ice...however, during the last 10 minutes of the game I fell on right side of my body. lol. So I am pretty stiff. Nothing too serious though. :) After Broomball Moyer peeps went to Dick's (a cheap burger place) and hung out for a little bit before coming back and going to bed, since by that time it was past midnight.
Sunday:
Today I spent the morning finishing up my homework, which meant that I had the entire rest of the day to do nothing! Yea! It was very exciting. I didn't really do anything exciting though. I just hung around and was really lazy. lol. This evening I watched the Seahawk's game! At evening church they had a party and were watching the game before the service, so I went to part of that with JonTon. We were all pretty excited that Seattle is going to the superbowl! Fun, fun! :) Now I am back from church and just hanging out. I am going to watch Grey's Anatomy with a couple of my friends in about a half an hour.
So, that has been my weekend. Tomorrow is the beginning of another lame and annoying week. I really do live for the weekends and pray each week that I make it alive to them. lol. Tomorrow I am going to JonTon's in the evening, which should be fun. I have saved up all my laundry just for them. lol. :) Anyway, ttfn. ~Laura
One Year Later
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment