So, I went home this weekend. It was an interesting weekend. I left SPU at 9:15 p.m. on Friday after I had enjoyed some of the Tradition festivities. Tradition is an event put on here at SPU to celebrate the Christmas season. They have all sorts of fun things like face painting, a live nativity, a stage with a band, karioke, storytelling, and food, oh and Santa! JonTon and I had characture (is that the right word) drawn of us as a group. It is pretty funny. It is on long paper and so I will have to copy it at the library or something as opposed to using my nifty scanner/printer...Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, so I got home at about 11:30. So then I chatted briefly with my parents when I picked up my sister to go to the house I was house-sitting at (on Lilac). Teresa and I watched the cable television til about 12:30 and then went to bed.
On Saturday we woke up at 8:15 and got ready for the Walk and Knock. Grandpa picked us up at about 9ish and we headed out. We worked picking up bags of food for about 2 hours and then stopped off at McDonald's for lunch. I could tell by the fact that we only filled up Grandpa's car once (as opposed to last year when we made at least 2 trips) that we had gotten less food this year than last year, which was confirmed by the paper today. But still we had a lot of food. So....After McDonald's Teresa and I went to the CAP building and helped sort the cans. This process was more extensive this year than previous years. This year we actually sorted the cans into specific categories such as Greens beans, regular canned beans, mixed canned beans, etc. lol. This process drove me crazy because I am sure there was a more efficient way of doing it. Plus the lady running it was a bit overpowering and I really felt like hurting her...But I resisted.
Then I went home and dropped of Teresa. I chatted with my parents for about 2 minutes and then went back to Lilac to work on a stupid history paper. After finishing the paper to meet the page limit I was ready to head out with my friends to watch the Christmas parade. We enjoyed the parade and were standing next fairly interesting/amusing people. After the parade we decided to go to Pizza Hut. However, getting from where we were parked (outside of spaghetti Works) to Pizza Hut was quite the challenge. All the streets were closed because of the silly parade. We eventually got there though. We enjoyed the hot food since we were still rather cold from being outside. After Pizza Hut we went to the Christmas Carol play being put on at R.A. Long. I always enjoy watching plays and don't really get to see as many as I like so it was very enjoyable.
Following the play my friends and I parted ways and I went back to Lilac. Teresa came over to spend the night with me again. We stayed up until 1ish watching cable television. I love TV. We watched great shows like Trading Spaces and Boy Meets World, etc.
Anyway, that was pretty much my weekend. I went to church and then left for SPU today. And now I am here and I have put the final touches on my history paper and unpacked and am about to head to a birthday party for my PA (Peer Advisor). Fun, Fun!
It was a rather weird weekend because I didn't spend much time at home or with my parents at all. Sad...But I will be home next weekend for about a month so that will be good. However, tomorrow starts the week from hell, so if you think of me you can say a prayer because I will no doubt be really stressed. Stupid finals *grumble grumble*
One Year Later
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment