Sunday, April 30, 2006

Banquet!

So last night we had a successful banquet! :) Funny that I would use that term to describe it, but from a Hall Council viewpoint that is how I think about all of the events this year...were they successful or not?

We had about 80 people attend and everyone seemed to have a good time. :) The event was on the Skansonia Ferry. A docked/retired ferry boat that is located in the Fremont area. It has a wonderful view of the city skyline and is right on the water. :) Although it rained earlier in the evening the night was clear which allowed people to be outside as well. :)

Hall Council had to go early to help set up an then everyone arrived at about 6-6:30ish. Dinner was served at 6:30. It was a buffet style dinner with fruit, vegetables, cheese/crackers, pasta, and prime rib (cut thinly for us). It was very good. :) I am really not sure how the place makes any money though because they gave us more food than we paid for (especially since they lowered their price for us)...maybe they were just being nice. :)

After dinner the dancing began! :) As you may remember from last year's blog I am not really big on the dancing. Personally I blame my Christian school up-bringing. We didn't have 'dances' (if you can call them that) until my senior year...and by then it was too late. lol. So basically I spent 3 hours just hanging around watching people dance and taking pictures, etc. :) I had fun, but I could have left 2 hours earlier and had just as much fun. lol. I am lame...but okay with it.

Although I am well aware that I neither need a guy nor have time for a guy right now there are certain times when I think a guy would be nice. :) lol. Last night was one of those times. Pretty much everybody remained downstairs dancing so the upstairs was pretty empty. Plus there was a topside covered deck thing that went all the way around the ferry. Nobody really went out there because it was a little cold. However, I did escape the dancing madness out there for a while. It was really pretty and quite....The perfect place to hide with a guy if I had one. heh. jk....sorta.

Anyway, it was fun evening and everything went better than planned! What more can I say?...Pictures to come soon. I promise. :)

No comments: