Today I would like to talk about i-pods. Sorta random I know. However, I would like to state my annoyance with all who own them.
You see those who have them would like to think they are special because of their ownership of this particular music playing device. They all become a member of some sort of exclusive club when they get one. They walk around thinking they are all that just because they have the signature white headphones.
Now what I find amusing is those who try to be as cool as the i-pod owners. You know the type; they walk around campus with headphones in their ears attempting to get in with the i-pod club. But you see it just isn't the same because everyone can tell. We all see that you don't have the signature white headphones. You aren't fooling anybody. It always makes me laugh inwardly when they pull out a discman. Who do they think they are? Discmans are like so yesterday....
I also don't fully understand the reversal. There are those among the i-pod owners who have chosen to not use the white signature headphones. As if they are ashamed of their i-pod. They want to lower their status with higher-quality-not-as-good-looking headphones in order to make themselves apear less exclusive.
I like how everyone around campus complains about how poor they are and then each one pulls out a $200 music playing device. I mean really I can understand their inward struggle. "hmmm, to buy a book for my class or to purchase an i-pod..." As much as I want an i-pod I don't think I can justify taking out another school loan in order to enable me the joy of walking around campus to the beat of my i-pod (like I'm freakin' Sydney Bristow with my own soundtrack or something). Because after all it is quite clear that those who are able to purchase i-pods on a college students income are one of two things--a)stupid/irresponsible or b) annoyingly rich.
Obviously I have made some generalizations but you get the idea...
One Year Later
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment