Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Weekend Over. Whew.

This weekend was extra long and extra full. :) On Friday night my house was pretty full. Teresa had three of her friends over to spend the night and then because of lack of another venue Vern and Megan came over to my house too. Vern, Megan, and I watched movies in my room since Teresa was using the living room DVD player. It was fine though, plus I was able to watch some movies I had wanted to see for a while, so that was good. :)

Saturday Megan and I drove down to Salem for the Oregon State Fair in the afternoon. It was pretty fun. Andrea got us in for free, we didn't have to pay for parking or anything. :) That was nice of her. We just went around to all the little check points and were like "We're with the horse show. We are looking for the mini barn." Then they would point us in some direction and we would follow it. They were pretty trustworthy since we were in a Honda civic and did not look like horse people. (so for future reference if you ever need to get into a fair for free just tell them you are with the horse show.) So we hung around the fair for a couple of hours. We rode the ski-lift thing, and we ate some food, and toured the commercial building getting free samples. :) Then at about 6:30ish we were off to watch Andrea do her Miss Pinto of America thing. She handed out awards at the evening horse show. It was fun to see her all dressed up and queenly. Then after that we went at got ice-cream at the fair before driving home. I got home at about midnight or so. :) It was quite the day at the fair!

On Sunday after church Teresa and I drove down to George Fox to visit Kristen. It was a nice visit. We toured the campus, played cards, watched Friends, and went out to dinner. We met some of her friends and were able to hang out a bit. It was a very enjoyable time. It was just a quick day trip, but it was good to see Kristen in her dorm and all. I am glad that I was able to get down there before I went back up to Seattle. :)

On Monday the family went out to Grandma and Grandad's place. It was a real nice visit. :) We had a wonderful lunch (with the yummy potato dish), we picked blackberry's (or rather mom picked blackberry's while the rest of us took turns "helping"), We had fresh strawberries for dessert, and we reminisced about the old times. We even sat out on the front (er, back?) deck and played with the dog and such, which was nice since it has been a while since we have done that. :) It was a very nice trip.

Then yesterday evening I went to Andrea's place and hung out with Megan and Andrea (obviously). We watched the Season Finale of "The Closer." Which actually wasn't very season finale-ie really, it wrapped itself up very nicely. Then we continued to waste the rest of the evening playing Halo. We attempted playing the first Halo, but determined it was too old school for us and reverted back to Halo 2. :) After Megan left we branched out and played some of the other types of modes on Halo including territories, and king of the hill. Both were pretty fun. It was nice to mix things up a little.

So, despite the higher gas prices I did quite a bit of traveling this weekend. Just for your information gas prices are actually cheaper in Oregon....by 20-30 cents. Depressing but true. I am curious to know what the prices are in Seattle. I am not looking forward to paying for my gas up there. Blech.

Anyway, it is now Tuesday and I am back at work. I only have 5 more days (not counting today) of work left, so that is nice. Better get back to it for now though......

No comments: