Saturday, June 26, 2004

A Fairy Tale Generation...

Life goes by so fast. It almost doesn't seem right that time flies so fast. Although I must admit that I often complain about how slow my life is going...or rather how I wish I could just fast forward through the next 5 years. I guess we will never be happy with the amount of time we have no matter what speed it goes.

Part of me wants to slow down time so much that it is almost frozen. Part of me wants to be 18 forever. However, on the other hand I wouldn't mind fast forwarding to when I am married with at least one kid....

I think my problem is that I want to skip the difficulties. Why can't life just be easy?

You see I, being a girl, want my happily ever after. But I think that I often forget that in all the fairy tales their lives were never perfect. They had plenty of trials before the 'happily ever after'....Take Snow White for example. She didn't get her happily ever after until after she had basically died. Cinderella was no better than a slave before hers. Sleeping Beauty was sent away from her family and had to avoid spinning wheels before her happily ever after!

Anyway, I digress. But basically even though we are a generation that has grown up with the thought planted in our head that we all are princesses and that we all will get a happily ever after somehow we have forgotten that sometimes the trials help bring the joy...

No comments: