Thursday, June 10, 2004

I don't want to grow up

Do you ever notice how things seem to change as you get older? Like how when you were young the time used to drag on forever. You would find yourself counting down the seconds until the event you were waiting for would happen. And now I keep trying to get the seconds to slow down so that the event I am waiting for won't happen so soon.

When you are young it is easy to imagine whole worlds. And now I often wish I could spend my days once again playing house and pretending my Barbies are real. I wish I had faith like a child who thinks anything is possible. Instead of being faced with the reality that not all dreams can come true. I wish I could worry about passing a spelling test instead of passing my accounting final.

When you are young you look to the future and see none of the hardships. Now I look to the future and I see...well...Annoying difficulties and a lot of hard work. I don't want to go through 2 more years of school, I don't want to have to go looking for a job, I don't want to have to worry about how my bills are going to be paid. I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP!!!!!!

Okay, I think I am done now....

No comments: