Friday:
I was hoping to have more pictures, but the other people haven't sent them out yet so oh well. On Friday Eleven members of my floor left for my P.A.'s house at about 6:30ish. She lives just outside of Gig Harbor in a town called Lakebay. She really has quite the house! It is right on Bay Lake and she has a view of the lake which is really beautiful. She has an 8 car garage, although I don't think any of it is actually used for cars. :) Part of that is her dad's workshop and then in the back they have an RV garage that is actually just a basketball court thing. So, yeah. See the pictures below and then move on to the rest of the story. :)

Ann's House


View from Ann's Deck

So, we arrived at Ann's house at about 9 o'clock in the evening. We proceeded to have a very large dinner since none of us had eaten yet (we had expected to leave SPU at about 5ish). It was very good. The rest of the night was spent having a blast. We played a couple games, watched "Spanglish" and ate way too much food. You see her dad collects these 'toys.' He has a popcorn maker (like we rent for the Terry/Taylor garage sale), a slushy machine, a soft-serve ice-cream machine, a cotton candy machine, a deep fryer, a milkshake maker, etc. Although we didn't use all of those we used most (He sent all of us home on Saturday with a bag of cotton candy. We were very excited. :) I love cotton candy.) Anyway, so we didn't get to sleep until about 4 a.m. because we were having so much fun. :)
Saturday:
On Saturday we woke up at about 10 o'clock. Ann's Dad had made a very large breakfast for us all. I am not a huge breakfast person, I prefer small breakfasts, but it was amazing to look at. :) I had a yummy cinnamon roll. But there was lots else I could have had. We departed from Ann's house at about Noonish. Had a good drive back to SPU and arrived at about 2ish. It had been a good retreat.
After unloading my car and being in my room about 5 minutes I called up Megan. Her and I had decided to go to Olympia for the day to visit Andrea who had a horse show thing there. I had Megan drive since I had just driven back from Ann's house. We had an enjoyable drive down to Olympia (well Tumwater technically). We were able to find the horse show without too much difficulty. We did get a little lost though, but once we figured out which way east was we did much better. lol.
I had such a good time with Andrea. It was nice to see her again. :) We hung out at the horse show for a bit while Andrea finished up everything she needed to. Megan and I went up and saw her "Miss Southern Oregon Pinto" table. We got a signed picture of her and everything. :) We soon left the horse show and headed back to her hotel room. There we got directions to Olive Garden and we were off! We had a very delicious dinner and caught up on each others lives. Good times. After dinner we headed back to her hotel. Megan and I hung out there until about 8 o'clock. We then headed back to SPU.
Once back at SPU I hung out with Megan and some of her pals. We watched a movie in Ashlee and Heather's room. It was a pretty good movie. It wasn't as 'bad' as I thought it was going to be. It is one of those movies you end up thinking about days later. I think that one needs to see it more than once to fully grasp it though. However, I would not recommend it to 90% of the people who read this blog because they would not appreciate it. ;)
Sunday:
I spent Sunday catching up on all the homework I had put off. I went to church in the evening and out with JonTon afterwards. :) More good times. It seems like I might have done something sorta fun this day, but I have completely forgotten. lol.
Monday - Wednesday:
Okay, time to pick things up a little. I haven't really done much since the weekend. I have been in a particularly lazy mode. Ugh. There is so much I should do, and yet I am just so unmotivated to do it.
I applied for Hall Council publicist on Monday. Emily (a girl down the hall) and I are gonna be on Hall Council together. She ran for secretary. I don't think anyone is running against us, which is the kind of election process I like when campaigning. lol. We do not yet have a complete Hall Council. We have someone running for President and then Emily and I. So, we still need VP, Treasurer, and Senator. We shall see how long it takes to fill up those positions. Moyer does not tend to have good hall participation in such things. Oh well. I am looking forward to next year and working with Emily and such. It should be good. Plus there are benefits: a free ticket to hall banquet next year, and possibly a free sweatshirt. We also get to move into the dorms a week early (which could be viewed as a negative but I choose to look at it positively, at least for now.)
So yeah. Other than that all I have been doing is school. The weather is finally getting spring like. We have had a couple sunny days. I was able to get out and play Frisbee yesterday. Yeah! Hopefully the sun will continue. Anyway, hope you feel updated...I hope I didn't leave anything out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment