I hope you all enjoyed reading yesterday's post. I was going to write more about my weekend, but I liked the way yesterday's post flowed that I didn't want to ruin it by continuing with the rest of my weekend. :)
So, lets see. This weekend my family was able to come up. I met up with them at JonTon's on Friday evening. We had a very delicious dinner that Tonia fixed. Yummy. Then we celebrated my mom's b-day with presents and cake. It was a very enjoyable evening. Teresa came back to Seattle with me for the night and we hung around the dorm for a bit before heading for bed. I didn't stay up too late because I had my silly Saturday Spanish class the next day.
On Saturday I woke up at about 8ish and got ready for my 9:00 Spanish class. I was really dreading this class. I mean it already has 2 strikes against it: 1) it is a foreign language and 2) it meets on a Saturday for 6 hours. However, in spite of these two strikes I think that it will be okay. I will have to work at it, but I think I will survive. It is a small class there are only 7 of us total. And actually I am the only girl! Shocking I know, especially at SPU. However, in case you are all excited let me narrow it down for you. 1 guy is married, 1 guy is too old for me, 1 guy is really not my type. This leaves 3 guys who have not been ruled out yet based on the limited conversation I had with them (which consisted of our broken Spanish phrases..."Como se llama?"...."De donde eres?"...etc). After the first 5 minutes the class got better because up until that point the professor (who is actually really nice) was speaking entirely in Spanish. I really thought for a moment I might die. lol. But the remainder of the class was good. So yeah...
Today I spent most of the day doing homework. I got up at like 10ish and got ready for the day. I began homework at 11:30 and worked until lunch at like 12:15. After lunch I came back to the room and my phone rang. It was Bonnie, she had missed her church bus back to SPU because she was in the nursery. So Emily and I went on a mission to pick her up. However, it was interesting since we didn't know exactly how to get there. However, after passing the zoo twice and going around in a few circles we did figure out how to find the church. It was fun though, and we didn't leave poor Bonnie waiting too long. :) ...So after we got back to SPU I continued doing homework, with a few minor distractions (mainly because I was doing my homework in front of my computer...Always a mistake, although if I do it on my bed I just end up taking a nap, so it is really a no win situation).
So, yeah. I did homework and then ate a really lame dinner since Gwinn isn't open on Sunday nights. I then went off to church. It was an okay service. JonTon and I went to Wendy's like we often do afterwards. It is always nice to hang out. Once back at SPU I rounded a gang together and headed to Fred Meyers. I bought a lightbulb (because my other one stopped working after I dropped the lamp...Go figure), and I also got some stuff for my secret sister. Hurray for that. At 10:00 I watched Grey's Anatomy with a group of people. It is my new show. I started it over spring break because that is when it started. I am glad that there is a group of us watching it here at SPU (especially since it takes places in Seattle).
Tomorrow begins another week. I am saddened by this fact. So often I wish the weekends would continue for ever. That would be nice. :) Anyway, hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. ttfn
One Year Later
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment