So, this weekend has been amazing, and it isn't even over yet. :)
It started on Friday when upon returning from work I found Kristen ready and waiting for me. Apparently she hadn't been waiting too long but she did have "the brilliant idea to leave a billion messages" on my machine. :) Great fun. So we hung out while I listed to her messages. After 4 messages from Kristen I was really expecting the the next one to be from her as well. However, it was from Jonathan. "Laura, do you want tickets to the Seattle Storm game tomorrow night?" I was caught off guard by this message. Of course I wanted them! But could I find anybody to go with? Kristen was leaving by 5:00 on Sat. and Megan was still in class so I couldn't ask her yet, and everyone on my floor that I would take (basically) had gone home for the weekend. So, I call Jonathan back and tell him I'll let him know at like 6:15. So, Megan and I talk and we decide it will work to go. Then Kristen, Megan, and myself drive down to Renton to pick up the tickets from Jonathan. It was nice because Megan and Kristen got to see JonTon's place and their bunny. :) After picking up the tickets and talking with Jonathan for a bit (Tonia was out shopping with Joy) we headed out to dinner. We ate at Azteca. It was good. I love eating out with my friends. After Azteca we came back to SPU and hung out in my room. We watched movies and played cards. It was fun. We went to bed around 2 a.m. :)
Today I got up at 7:50 and got ready for the Leadership Kickoff orientation thing. All leadership positions for next year were present: Peer Advisors, Student Ministry Coordinators, Hall Council, and many more. We all met for breakfast and an opening session. Then we broke off into the individual dorms. So like the PA, SMC, and Hall Council members went to their dorm lounges and met up and discussed some things. After that we split off into our prospective jobs. All of the Hall Councils met up in Weter and we went through a brief training/planning session. It was pretty fun. It got over at about 2:00.
During this time Kristen had been hanging out with Megan, so that was good. I met up with Kristen and Megan at the C-store. We didn't get to raid it the night before because of its lame hours. But that is okay, cause we were pretty full from the Mexican food. Soooo, they got to pick out stuff which came to a total of $18ish. Which means I still have about $80 worth of points on my card. I am trying to use it more though. After the C-store raid Kristen and I headed back to Moyer while Megan went to go meet up with a friend. Kristen and I ended up watching Butterfly Effect (which I can pretty much guarantee that none of my family would like). I thought it was alright. Sorta depressing though. I am not really sure why anyone would want to own it (we borrowed it from someone on the floor). After the movie Kristen packed up and left me. lol. It was really nice to have her visit. I am looking forward to hopefully being able to hang out with her and the gang over Memorial Day weekend. :) And of course most of the summer.
So, after Kristen left I had about an hour before Megan and I left for the game. So, I watched "The O.C." which I had missed on Thursday because I went to JonTon's. It was a really good episode for all who care. :) Then at 5:45 Megan and I left for the WNBA game. :)
The game was really good! It was a pre-season game, not that it really mattered to me. :) It was the Seattle Storm vs. the Sacramento Monarchs. We sat courtside, 6 rows back. It was great to watch b-ball again. It really made me want to play again. Perhaps I can get some people to play with me this summer, that would be cool. I love basketball. Like I said, the game was really good. Seattle led most of the game. With about 30 seconds left (maybe a little more/less) the score was tied 75 to 75. However, Seattle lost it in the last 2 seconds of the game! It was intense. Good game though. There was some interesting/distracting people around us. But I had a great time! Hurray for Jonathan having previous engagements and not being able to go! :) lol. Personally I hope that happens more often. lol. Oh! Interesting fact. The Seattle Storm won the 2004 WNBA Championships! So, obviously we were watching a good team.
Anyway, Thanks Jonathan. :)
One Year Later
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment