Sunday, November 21, 2004

Obsessions are Cool

Sorry I didn't get around to posting yesterday. I usually wait until my day is over so that I can include everything exciting that has happened to me, but yesterday my day didn't get over until like 2:30 a.m. So...yeah.

So, where did I last leave off in this telling of my life? I believe it was Friday night. So...I was just about to cave into boredom and sit in the hallway twiddling my thumbs, when I get a call from JonTon saying they are downstairs and want to visit. They had been teaching swing dancing to the young married group at church. They said I should have gone...And I was like..."Yeah..Except I am not married!" So, they had leftover rice crispy treats which Tonia proceeded to hand out to everyone she walked by. However, by the time we made it back to my room we still had enough to be too much. But we finished them off anyway. We had wonderful discussions that I think sorta freaked my roommate out...It was great. So, they left like at 11:30 or something and it was good to hang out. Then I found some people who wished to do something, so we watched "The Count of Monte Cristo." I had never seen it before, and it was good. I recommend it for all of you who can never think of any movies to watch....Which would be like all of you.

Saturday I got up at 11:00 and got ready for the day. After lunch I went down to the study lounge with my laptop--which I still can't remember the name of, how depressing. And I wrote my paper for history. However, that is all the homework I got done yesterday because at 5:00 I went to the basketball game. It was girls basketball and we were playing George Fox (Kristen's school). It was really quite enjoyable, especially since we won like 73 to 41! Go falcons! Then we stayed for the guys game too, but they weren't playing George Fox. They were playing Chico State. That was a good game to, it was pretty close the whole time, but we won in the end. Woot Woot! After we got back to the dorm I was able to hang out with a few people I don't hang out with as much. It was fun. We watched "The Breakfast Club" and talked for quite a while. I had never seen "The Breakfast Club" in its entirety, so it was nice to have the whole picture. So I like I mentioned earlier I didn't get to bed until like 2:30 last night. But it was fun.

Today I plan to finish my homework and then head over to JonTon's to hang out...And do laundry, and probably watch the last two episodes in Alias season 3! Which is highly exciting to me. The girl down the hall hasn't really gotten into that season yet. But I am excited that I am getting more and more people addicted to it. It is a wonderful show.

I think it is wonderful how we pass on our obsessions to others. Megan always passes on her obsessions to me and then I usually attempt to pass them on to others. Like, take blogging for example...Megan gets a blog, then I get a blog, then I talk other people into getting blogs such as Kristen, Aunt Linda, Bonnie, etc. Then those people spread the obsession even more. Bonnie has basically all her friends blogging. It is so great. Megan has another obsession she is trying to get me started on, but I haven't had time this weekend to focus on it. However, when I get it all set up and all I am sure you will hear/see it.

Anyway, that is all for now. I hope you feel all caught up now. ~Laura

No comments: