Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I'm one of those people!!!

So, I think something in me has finally snapped. I have become one of those people! What kind of people you ask? Well...

I have become one of those people who forgets they have class.
I was talking to Sandra and we were discussing going to visit the airport for a people observation assignment for our Communications class, until I remembered that I had a class that I needed to go to. What kind of person just forgets they have class? lol. Anyway, so instead of going to the airport (which I probably won't do by myself) I went to my annoying biology class and had 'fun' watching Kristi fall asleep. Oh the joys of Biology.

Now one would think that this would be a bad enough person to become but I am not done.

So, last night I was watching the movie Troy. Now, granted I missed the first 30 minutes, but I found myself more confused than I felt I should be. I think the initial confusion was that I had assumed that Troy was a name of a person as opposed to the name of a town. Which really didn't help things. But after I figured that out I was still sorta confused. I really had no idea who to be cheering on. I mean, which side is the good side? The people of Troy or the Greeks? Who should be the winner? Of course we all know that we want to see Brad Pitt win at everything, but on the other hand the Troyians...er...people of Troy seemed to be overall a better people to have win. Because who really wanted to see the Greek king win! I mean he was just evil. So...I am watching this movie and I am still slightly confused although as I get into the movie further I begin to understand what is going on. So, it comes to a battle scene and I find myself wondering which side is which. We have what appears to be people with rectangle shields fighting people with round shields...Does this have symbolism I wonder?

Anyway, I say all that to say that I have become one of those people who just doesn't understand war movies....or something. I kinda think I missed the point. Perhaps if I watched it again it would be different. But I don't really see that happening any time soon.

Yeah, so...this is just another one of those people signing off...

No comments: