Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I'm pretty sure this is the end

So, I have a mid-term in my bio class on Wednesday. I am pretty sure it isn't going to go well. I studied a little yesterday and a little today, and I have some time tomorrow to study before I take it...But still. I am not confident in this class. I know what you are thinking, "She wasn't confident in Chemistry either and she got an 'A' in that class..." However, I do not think that you can compare the two. So far I am not doing horrible in the class, but it does have the potential. Ugh.

Anyway, on to brighter topics...what can I inform you of today? On Monday in my communications class we had a rather interesting discussion on curse words. We read an article from Newsweek talking about how curse words don't seem to be as big of a deal anymore. I really found the whole thing rather intriguing. I personally only have a problem with certain curse words, well maybe just one. However, I don't really use curse words unless I feel the moment is in need of one...or a few. :) I find it interesting because who ever decided that those would be the curse words anyway? It is all subjective. I usually find myself watching British movies and liking their curse words. I like them so much that I often wish I could put them into use. They just sound so much more fun than ours. Also, on the subject of curse words and movies has anybody seen the movie 'Saved'? It isn't really a movie I would truly recommend, but there is a really powerful scene were the main character is so mad at God that she stands in front of a church and screams every curse word she can think of. It is sorta an odd scene, but I think it holds a lot of power to it, and I don't know, I think it is my favorite scene of the movie. Odd I know.

(I have now progressed to rambling, but I shall continue it for a few more minutes...) Speaking of powerful scenes I always think of 'Mona Lisa Smile.' Although I don't really like this movie (although the more I watch it the more I like it), I really like one scene. It is the scene where Kirsten Dunst freaks out and gets mad at Maggie Gyllenhaal's character...only we see that she really is mad at her husband and herself. It really reveals a lot about her character and is a turning point. I almost would buy the movie just for that one scene.

Anyway, obviously all this studying has gotten to me....

No comments: