Sunday, October 31, 2004

Back from Retreat!

I am back alive and well from retreat. It was a pretty fun. I will try to run through what we did.

We arrived on Friday evening about 7:30-8ish and settled in. We had people coming at a lot of different times throughout the evening depending on what their schedule was like. But we played a lot of games that they had such as ping-pong, air hockey, fuze ball, and carpet ball. All of which are fun. Then when basically everyone had arrived we split up into our color groups (mine was green) and played some get to know you type of games. Since it was the whole hall and not just my floor there were people that I didn't really know especially from 3rd. Then we went back to playing random games (free time). After this we had a small bonfire, which was pretty fun. Then it was back to the cabin. We a good time of game playing. I ended up staying up until 3 a.m. playing the game Cranium with some people. That is a pretty fun game.

On Saturday we woke up at 9:30 and proceeded to get ready for the day. After a bagel breakfast we had a short little meeting. Then we had free time until lunch. After lunch we had the opportunity to go boating or rock wall climbing (I did neither...I took a nap). And then at 3:00 we played bucket ball. This game consists of trying to get a ball into your team's bucket without getting killed. It is a game with no rules. It was slightly scary, so I didn't participate fully. It was fun though. Then we had free time until dinner. After dinner we had floor time. Our floor got together and played a few games. Then we had a bonfire. It was fun. We sang songs and had marshmallows. Good times. After the bonfire we played capture the flag. However, we only had about 20 minutes to play because then we had to be in our cabin. And the game ended by someone in a weird mask who wasn't even playing stealing our flag. It was kinda odd. But I didn't really care. lol. Then it was back in time for more hanging out. We watched a couple of random movies and just hung around. I went to bed at about 1ish.

Today We woke up at about 9:30ish and had breakfast. Then we had a good time of worship and devotions. After which, we packed up and cleaned up. We then took a group picture and headed home. It was good. I followed our PA (Peer Advisor) back to Seattle because I was afraid I would get lost. hee hee. Once back at SPU I ate lunch with Michelle Ward and then devoted myself to homework (even though I would have rather watched Alias with the PA). I spent 3 hrs in the study lounge doing homework, but got it accomplished before church which is good. I just got back from attending church with JonTon. We went to dinner at Denny's. It was good to hang out with them. I hadn't seen them in a while. They said they really enjoyed hanging out with Grandma and Aunt Linda yesterday. I am glad it all worked out. Anyway, I am going to attempt to see if anything exciting is going on on the floor. ~Laura
P.S. To clear up any concern, I am really not all that depressed. It may have seemed that way at the beginning of the week, but things are going better now. No worries. :)

No comments: